It’s the birthday of renowned singer and songwriter, Timi Dakolo.
Timi Dakolo turns 40 years old today, 20th January 2021. He was born to a Nigerian father and Ghanaian mother on the 20th of January 1981. The singer was born in Accra, Ghana, and raised in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He attended the University of Port Harcourt.
As we celebrate Timi Dakolo today the 20th of January 2021, we’ll look at 5 things you might not know about the ‘Iyawo Mi’ crooner.
1. His Sophomore Album was a Christmas themed album: Timi released his sophomore album titled ‘Merry Christmas, Darling’ in 2019. The album featured international acts like Emeli Sande, Eric Benét and Kenny G. The album was released on the 2nd of November 2019 by UK-based international label, Virgin EMI Records.
2. Signing a recording deal with Virgin EMI Records: in 2019, Timi Dakolo signed a record deal with an international UK based record label, Virgin EMI Records.
3. Winning Idols West Africa: Timi won the inaugural season of the Idols West Africa show in 2007 emerging with 63% of the final votes. It also earned him a recording deal with Sony BMG.
4. Marriage and Family: Timi Dakolo is married to Busola Dakolo. They got married in 2012 and the marriage is blessed with three children.
5. His song ‘Heaven Please’ featuring MI was dedicated to his grandmother: While he was competing for the Idols West Africa crown, he lost his grandmother. After the event, Timi recorded ‘Heaven Please’ with MI as a tribute to his late grandmum.
From all of us at Notjustok, we say happy birthday Timi Dakolo.