Spread the news

Australia defender Milos Degenek has been ruled out of the Socceroos’ World Cup qualifiers against Oman and Japan after returning a positive Covid-19 test, the team said on Tuesday.

Bailey Wright replaces the Red Star Belgrade defender in Graham Arnold’s squad for Thursday’s Group B clash against Oman in Doha and next week’s Japan game in Saitama.

“Degenek is asymptomatic, however after returning a positive test in his pre-departure screening, he has been ruled out of the upcoming Fifa international window,” the team said in a media release.

Read Also: Ronaldo should have started against Everton – Fergie

Fifteen of Australia’s 25-player squad had already arrived in Doha, with the rest to arrive later today.

Australia are top of Group B after beating China and Vietnam in their opening games of the current phase of Asian qualifying for next year’s World Cup in Qatar.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
MI Contest
Previous articleUEFA, European women’s leagues join forces to criticise FIFA’s plans for biennial World Cups
Next articleUS Soccer appoints former acting Attorney-General to lead sexual misconduct investigation

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here