Spread the news

IT is high time President Muhammadu Buhari and all those that constitute the Presidency did what is most necessary to stop Nigeria from disintegrating. The worsening security situation in the country occasioned by Boko Haram, armed Fulani herdsmen, and bandits who kill, maim and abduct citizens on a daily is a terrible scenario.
The situation has become helpless coupled with the attendant trauma most Nigerians go through when they find it difficult to understand why the county’s security should degenerate to the level that the Minister of Defense would urge citizens to defend themselves.
Eminent citizens like former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, and former Deputy Governor of Central Bank, Obadiah Mailafia who tried to suggest the way out of the quagmire had ended up being profiled negatively.
Despite being pilloried, Governor Ortom has remained consistent in reminding the government of the danger of the persisting spare of insecurity.
Last week the governor, during an interview with Channels Television, said the President has failed to live up to his responsibility of protecting Nigerians. In fact, Governor Ortom described the President as the worst when it comes to security matters.
The governor, during the interview also accused the President who is a Fulani man of harboring a hidden agenda to ‘Fulanise’ the country.
His stand drew the flak of the Presidency. Mallam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, also criticized Governor Ortom for his comments on the purported agenda to ‘fulanise’ the country.
Mallam Garba, reacting to Governor Ortom’s interview via Skype from Paris said, “All of the falsehoods he (Ortom) spreads, perhaps speak to his own character rather than that of the President,”
“The President’s wish is that open grazing should end, nobody wants it.
“The President has shown extraordinary patience stomaching a lot of the garbage that Governor Ortom has been pouring about him. I am not sure that in the history of this country, there had been any president who would have taken all of the insults that Governor Ortom has been heaping on this President, and on the President’s directive, we have ignored him.”
However, Governor Ortom, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, CPS, Terver Akase, last Thursday in Makurdi, demanded an apology from the Presidency even as he accused Mallam Garba and others, of instigating killings in the state and country.
The governor, who alleged a failed plot by the Presidency to cause crisis in Benue and make the state ungovernable in order to declare a state of emergency in the state, said such evil plots would not also dissuade him from speaking the truth about the unsavoury happenings in the country.
“We read the statement released by the Presidency in response to Governor Samuel Ortom’s recent interview on Channels Television in which he raised a number of concerns bordering on the worsening security situation across the country.
“The tone of the said statement shows the quality of Presidency Nigeria currently has. They abandoned the message and went for the messenger.
“To describe as ‘undistinguished’, the career of a man who has held many key positions at the state and national levels proves that those who penned the piece were under the influence of some negative substances.
“For the information of Garba Shehu and his cohorts, Governor Ortom rose to become a local government chairman, state Publicity Secretary of National Centre Party of Nigeria; State Treasurer of All People’s Party, State Secretary as well as State Deputy Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Auditor of PDP, Minister of the Federal Republic and now a two-term governor.
“The governor spoke the minds of most Nigerians on specific areas of failure of the Presidency and its complicity in the heinous crimes committed against citizens by armed Fulani herdsmen and other terrorists. Instead of taking the governor on those points, Shehu went chasing vain and mundane matters in a desperate attempt to malign the governor.
“We demand an apology from the Presidency for accusing Governor Ortom of stirring ethnic tensions and calling for genocide. The Presidency has never hidden its hatred for the governor and its latest outing only confirms that fact.
“We are aware of the Presidency’s plot to cause crisis in Benue and make the state ungovernable and declare a state of emergency. Whenever each of their plans fails as it happened with the impeachment attempt on the governor before the 2019 elections, they resort to cheap blackmail.
“They accuse Governor Ortom of making a law to chase Fulanis out of Benue, a claim that lacks substance and only goes to prove that they have not read the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law of the state. They can’t justify their narrative that Governor Ortom hates Fulanis when some of his appointees are Fulanis.
“The Presidency must realize that no amount of blackmail and media attack can discourage the governor from speaking against the injustice and pain the present government has caused Nigerians. No amount of sponsored smear campaigns against the governor can force him to repeal the law on open grazing of cattle in Benue State.
“We advise the Presidency to focus on ending the killing of innocent Nigerians, fix the economy as it promised, and stop the stinking corruption under their watch.
“They can’t run away from their responsibility. They were brought to power to serve the country not to oppress the people and suppress their freedom of speech.
“They are on record to have publicly promised during their campaigns before the 2015 elections that they would respect the rights and freedoms of Nigerians if elected. Sadly, what the people of this country have got from the current government is the opposite of that promise.
“Governor Ortom stands by his words that this is not the first time a Fulani man is President of Nigeria, and also that it is the first time the country has been divided into ethnic lines with lopsided appointments in promotion and celebration of nepotism, marginalization, and open repugnance of other Nigerians.
“At no time in the history of this country have impunity, blatant disregard for laws, sectarian as well as ethnic differences been fueled by the government as we now see.
“The agenda of the present administration is to Islamize and Fulanize the nation like former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Professor Kunle Olawunmi and other patriotic Nigerians have rightly said.
“Governor Ortom urges the good people of this country to call the Presidency to order before it destroys.
“Nigeria. If nothing is done fast to avert the impending disaster, armed herders, bandits and other terrorists will one day take over Aso Rock Villa and those occupying the Villa at the moment will willingly surrender to them and flee from the country.
“No day passes without reports of herdsmen and other terrorists killing defenseless Nigerians in parts of the country. The number of displaced people has risen to millions, yet, the Presidency wants everyone to remain silent while the country burns.
“Governor Samuel Ortom will not keep mute! Let it be on record that while the Presidency deliberately destroyed Nigeria, someone spoke against the evil.
“The governor believes in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr that says: ‘If peace means accepting second class citizenship, I don’t want it. If peace means keeping my mouth shut in the midst of injustice and evil,
“I don’t want it. If peace means being complacently adjusted to a deadening status quo, I don’t want peace. If peace means a willingness to be exploited economically, dominated politically, humiliated, and segregated, I don’t want peace,” Ortom said.
Quote:
Instead of taking the governor on those points, Shehu went chasing vain and mundane matters in a desperate attempt to malign the governor.


FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. The content of this Website is made available by the Nigerian Pilot Newspaper Publisher. This Website seeks to facilitate the dissemination of informative, with engaging, and constructive news about events in Nigerian, Africa, and Globally as they happen. The “Distributor” of this Information are the Nigerian Pilot Newspaper and Nigerian Pilot Tv brands of Dom Communication, LLC.

DISCLAIMER: FAKE NEWS PUBLICATION. This Website NigPilot collects information from several Independent Reporters and may contain unauthenticated and/or copyrighted materials the utilization of which has not generally been explicitly approved or authorized by the copyright proprietor. NigPilot with concern to increase in misleading social media publications, please report any Fake, False, or Misleading News to info@nigpilot.ng for immediate action.

FAIR USE NOTICE. In accordance with THE LAW, the material on this Website is included for informational and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner or Nigerian Pilot WEBMASTER. For Nigerian Pilot Newspaper Advert Rates Click Here!




The post Buhari, leave the messenger and address the message -NigPilot appeared first on The Nigerian Pilot News.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
CONTACT US : support@melodyinter.com
Previous article#BBNaija: Sammie, Maria and JMK evicted from Big Brother Brother
Next articleAnambra Traders applaud Governor Obiano -NigPilot

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here