Spread the news

At least 14 persons have been killed following an attack by suspected bandits at Ungwan Dooh Mado village, Mabushi in Atyap Chiefdom of Zangon Kataf Local Government Area, Kaduna State.  Some houses were also razed in the attack which occurred in the on Saturday night, August 21. The State Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, who confirmed the attack on Sunday, said nine corpses have been recovered so far following a search of the village. “This was reported to the Kaduna State Government by troops of Operation Safe Haven, who responded to distress calls and mobilized to the area. The assailants fled on sighting the troops,” he stated.  The deceased are identified as, Moses Dangana, Mary Dangana, Jummai Dangana, Jerry James, Happy James, Endurance Stephen, Comfort Emmanuel, Jummai Tanko and Mary Clement. One resident, Magdalene Dangoma, sustained gunshot injuries and is receiving treatment in hospital. Two houses were razed in the attack. The Commissioner said the troops of Operation Safe Haven also rescued 12 persons who were fleeing from the attackers. Those rescued are: Patrick Chindon, Joseph Agbon, Polymer Joseph, Amos Francis, Keziah Amos, Linda Jonathan, Asabe Jonathan, Jonathan James, Lamin Yohanna, Titi Emmanuel, Patricia Michael and Jetral Bala. “Troops are still carrying out search and rescue operations, and will make public the exact number of casualties,” the Commissioner said.  He said Acting Governor, Dr Hadiza Balarabe received the reports with sadness, and condemned the recent spate of devastating attacks in the area. She prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased, and sent condolences to their families. Balarabe wished the injured resident a quick recovery, and urged security agencies to sustain diligent investigations into the attack. Troops are working in the area and the public will be updated on further developments, the Comissioner added.  Meanwhile, the remains of the victims have been laid to rest. Watch videos from the burial below    The post Kaduna: 14 killed, houses razed as gunmen attack Zangon Kataf (videos) appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
CONTACT US : support@melodyinter.com
Previous articleChurch keyboardist allegedly stabs college student for rejecting his advance
Next article17-year-old girl stabs her neighbour to death in Kano

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here