Spread the news

 

Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita has left his homeland of Guinea following a military coup in the West African country and is on his way back to England, British media reported on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old was preparing to play in Guinea’s World Cup qualifier against Morocco in Conakry on Monday when the contest was called off after soldiers ousted President Alpha Conde and later dissolved the government on Sunday.

While the country’s borders were reportedly closed, the Moroccan team were allowed safe passage home later on Sunday.

Liverpool's Keita 'safe and well' after coup strands him in Guinea

Read Also: BREAKING: Nigeria’s Super Eagles beat Cape Verde in W/Cup qualifier

A military spokesman said on Monday the country had reopened its land and air borders for commercial and humanitarian reasons.

Liverpool had earlier said they were working with relevant authorities to bring their player safely back to Britain.

Keita started Liverpool’s opening two league games and was an unused substitute in their 1-1 home draw against Chelsea. Juergen Klopp’s side face Leeds United on Sunday.

The post Liverpool’s Keita on his way back to Britain appeared first on Sporting Life.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
CONTACT US : support@melodyinter.com
Previous articleNear breaking point, Penang GH surgeons want clear plans for growing Covid-19 caseload
Next articleAhmed Musa gets N10m for Super Eagles 100 caps amid milestone row

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here