Spread the news

Harry Kane

Manchester City’s transfer attempts to sign Tottenham captain, Harry Kane, this summer included offering five different players in a part-exchange deal.

The Premier League champions were unsuccessful in their attempts to sign the 28-year-old this summer with the player’s valuation pricing them out of the move.

Kane was keen to leave Spurs this transfer window and it was suggested that City were prepared to break the British club transfer record in order to land the England captain.

Pep Guardiola’s side had already broken that record earlier this summer when they landed playmaker Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in a £100million deal.

read also:Guardiola gives Manchester City exit notice

Yet their pursuit of Kane was frustrated and the deal ultimately collapsed entirely this week as the striker committed his future to the North London club beyond this summer.

Kane wrote on social media on Wednesday: “It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I’ve had in the last few weeks.

“I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success.”

City’s failed pursuit of the player has now been outlined, as A detailed in The Athletic, explaining their first approach for the striker saw five of their first-team squad offered in part-exchange.

Gabriel Jesus, Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling, Aymeric Laporte and Riyad Mahrez were all names on the table for a move to Spurs to help accelerate the Kane deal.

This was followed up by a second approach where the Manchester club offered an upfront £75million for the England captain along with a further £25million in add-ons.

Both of these offers were rejected out of hand by Spurs supremo Daniel Levy, who was not interested in any of the players in part-exchange.

Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo has since said it was “fantastic news” to see Kane’s immediate future resolved.

He told reporters this week: “I think since Harry joined us he has been working so this is what we value. His attitude in training has been excellent.”

“It’s finished, Harry is going to be with us.”

Were Spurs right to reject Man City’s approaches for Harry Kane? Comment below

When pressed whether he was worried about the word “summer” in Kane’s statement, and if the issue was likely to arise again in the January transfer window, the Portuguese boss replied: “I’m not worried at all. It’s day by day.

The post Man City offered five players and £75m in failed Kane transfer attempts appeared first on Sporting Life.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
CONTACT US : support@melodyinter.com
Previous articleHamilton good to go ahead Sunday’s Grand Prix
Next articleTurkey holds first talks with the Taliban in Kabul, says Erdogan

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here