Spread the news

 

Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has been suspended by the club pending an investigation after he was charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, Cheshire police have said.

Mendy, 27, is due to appear in court on Friday.

The force said the charges relate to three complainants, over the age of 16, and are alleged to have happened between October last year and this month.

France international Mendy has been remanded in custody ahead of his appearance at Chester Magistrates’ Court, police said.

A police spokesman said: “Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial.”

Read Also: Chelsea in talks to sign Kounde and Saul from Sevilla and Atletico

Mendy joined City from Monaco in 2017 and has since been part of three Premier League title-winning squads.

In a statement, Manchester City said: “Manchester City can confirm that following his being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.

“The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”

The post Man City suspend defender after being charged with rape and sexual assault appeared first on Sporting Life.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
CONTACT US : support@melodyinter.com
Previous articleEPL: Amad Diallo excited to wear Manchester United jersey number16
Next articleSerie A: Ronaldo’s future hangs over Juve as they look for first win

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here