Spread the news

Huge crowds amid the COVID-19 pandemic are not to be taken lightly, and the Jakarta Metro Police has now charged the manager of Holywings Tavern in Kemang, South Jakarta for breaching health protocols in the aftermath of a hangout raid earlier this month. 

Also Read Clipped: Kemang’s Holywings Tavern shut for 3 days following hangout raid

Popular hangout spot Holywings Tavern has been ordered to shut for as long as Jakarta is under Level 3 of the Enforcement of Restrictions on Public Activities (PPKM), after officers from the Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) and the military raided the location while it was packed to its absolute limit on Sept. 4. 

Jakarta Metro Police Spokesman Yusri Yunus said the outlet manager, identified by their initials JA, has previously been sanctioned three times by Satpol PP. Authorities also said that Holywings Tavern has committed other violations, notably in February and March, prior to the latest incident. 

Police alleged that JA failed to incorporate the integrated health and mobility tracking app PeduliLindungi at Holywings Tavern, which has become increasingly mandatory to enter public facilities across Indonesia, including restaurants and malls. 

“[Holywings Tavern] didn’t have the PeduliLindungi QR code, which is mandatory to be prepared by each cafe, mall, and restaurant. There should’ve been a PeduliLindungi QR code to make sure the people that enter the establishment have been vaccinated,” Yusri said today.

According to reports, Satpol PP has suspended Holywings Tavern’s operating license due to repeated violations, and as such may not be permitted to operate throughout the COVID-19 pandemic even if Jakarta’s PPKM level is downgraded in the future, Chief of Satpol PP Jakarta Arifin said. 

This article, Manager of Holywings Tavern in Kemang charged for violating COVID-19 protocol, originally appeared on Coconuts, Asia’s leading alternative media company.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
MI Contest
Previous articleMOH: Default home recovery for eligible fully vaccinated Covid-19 patients extends to those aged between 51 and 69 in Singapore
Next articleDual citizenship not an excuse for gender-discriminatory law: Family Frontiers

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here