Spread the news

Update: Man City star, Benjamin Mendy remanded in custody after being accused of rape while he was on bail for four other sex offencesManchester City star, Benjamin Mendy has been remanded in custody after facing charges of sexual attacks on two women and one teenage girl at his £5million home. The French defender was charged with four counts of rape – the latest of which allegedly happened earlier this week – and one sexual assault. He is accused of committing the fourth rape while on bail for the other four offences. The French defender, who was suspended by Manchester City this week after being charged, appeared at Chester Magistrates’ Court today to face the allegations. Mendy, of Prestbury, Cheshire, wearing a red Balenciaga hoodie and black jogging bottoms, stood in the dock with his arms folded as the charges were put to him. He spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth and entered no pleas. The footballer, who had arrived at court in a prison van under a police escort, faces five charges relating to three alleged complainants, one of whom is aged under 18.  Police said yesterday that all three complainants were aged over 16. He is charged with three counts of rape in October 2020 at his home in Prestbury, and the sexual assault of a woman at his home in early January this year. Mendy is also charged with the rape of a woman this month, also at his home.  A charge of breaking bail conditions was on the court list but withdrawn in court. It had been alleged he breached conditions in August, after being released on July 26. District Judge Jack McGarva remanded into custody at HMP Altcourse in Liverpool and sent the case to Chester Crown Court where the footballer is due to appear on September 10. Yesterday, a spokesman for Cheshire Constabulary said the Crown Prosecution Service had authorised the force to charge Mendy in connection with the alleged sex attacks, which involve three female complainants over the age of 16. The spokesman said: ‘Benjamin Mendy, aged 27, has been charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault. ‘The charges relate to three complainants over the age of 16 and are alleged to have taken place between October 2020 and August 2021. ‘Mendy, of Prestbury, has been remanded in police custody and is set to appear at Chester Magistrates’ Court on Friday 27 August.’ He added: ‘Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial.  ‘It is extremely important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice ongoing proceedings.’The post Update: Man City star, Benjamin Mendy remanded in custody after being accused of rape while he was on bailfor four other sex offences appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
CONTACT US : support@melodyinter.com
Previous articleAbducted students and staff of Zamfara College of Agriculture regain freedom
Next article“Run if your man says he will buy a car for his mother before his wife,” Daddy Freeze advises women

1 COMMENT

  1. I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of space .
    Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this
    site. Studying this information So i’m satisfied to convey that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed.
    I most undoubtedly will make sure to do not fail to remember this site and give it a look regularly.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here