Spread the news

Aerial view of the United States military headquarters, the Pentagon, September 28, 2008. — Reuters file pic
Aerial view of the United States military headquarters, the Pentagon, September 28, 2008. — Reuters file pic

Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates.


WASHINGTON, Oct 7 — A US Navy submarine hit an “object” while submerged in the Asia-pacific region, but the incident did not result in any life-threatening injuries, the United States military said today.

The incident took place on Saturday and the submarine’s nuclear propulsion plant and spaces were not impacted and remain operational, the Navy said in a statement.

“The submarine remains in a safe and stable condition,” the Navy added.

US officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the incident took place in international waters in the South China Sea and that fewer than 15 people suffered minor injuries like bruises and lacerations. Two of the injuries were categorized as “moderate.”

The officials added that the submarine was now headed toward Guam under its own power for further inspection.

It was unclear so far what the submarine hit, the officials said. — Reuters

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Spread the news
MI Contest
Previous articleWe’re still among the best nations – France coach Deschamps
Next articleNFF Backs Super Eagles To Beat Central African Republic In Douala

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here